Thursday 4 August 2011

it's funny because I can't describe how it was
patience
on and on like the slow rattling of the freight train through the night
little headlights illuminating only what was in front of my eyes (only you)
and I would have waited forever to get there. Forever, for this little train on his little track to meamble to his station stop. Forever, to find myself wrapped up in your arms against your forgiving heart and for that to mean the same for you as it did for me.
But I've rattled off the tracks. Derailed, or maybe paused just awhile
and suddenly, the high speed lines are taking over
please, I'm shouting (and this is more of a shout than the steady, silent tears of before)
please just take this away, give me what everyone else has, make me happy!
and the little freight train sits amid the trees in the darkness and I think
that I'll never forget
how it felt
oh

No comments:

Post a Comment